This programme consists of seven sub-programmes and the main objectives and services of these sub-programmes are as follows:
• To provide library, research and archive services
• To provide services with regard to legislation, petitions and legislative procedure, etc.
• To facilitate public involvement in the legislative and policy formulation process of the KZN Legislature
• To consider legislation referred to the provincial Legislature by the NCOP
• The provision of secretarial services to committees of the Legislature
• Reporting, interpreting and publication of debates